Even the best translation can benefit from a second pair of eyes. A thorough revision process includes checking for:
- accuracy of meaning (comparing the source and target texts)
- spelling, grammar and punctuation
- consistency of terminology
- correct transfer of dates, names, numbers, etc.
- compliance with target-language conventions.
I work with industry-standard style guides and am also happy to work to in-house guidelines provided by my clients.
As well as revising translations, I provide proofreading services for monolingual English texts in my areas of expertise.
The types of text I revise or proofread include:
- reports and analyses
- business presentations
- academic articles
- press releases
- website content
- funding applications.